[Gvsig_english] SQL Server connector by JDBC

Mario Carrera mcarrera at gvsig.com
Wed Apr 13 14:06:53 CEST 2016

Hi Kamal,

we haven't checked it, but it would be a possible way to do it:

- After copying SQL Server drivers (.jar file/s) to the
/gvSIG/extensiones/org.gvsig.app.mainplugin/lib folder at the gvSIG
installation, you can open the .jar file and copy the path to the
Driver.class file (but using "." instead of "/".

- Then, in gvSIG, if you access to the GeoDB tab in "Add layer" window,
you can click on the "Advanced" button, and then in the "Advanced" Tab
at the new window you paste the path to the .class file in
"JDBCDriverClass" text box.

For example, for postgresql it would be org.postgresql.Driver.class

Let us know if it works, and if you want to document it we can publish it.

Best regards,
  Mario