[Gvsig_english] WMS service not working

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 15:51:00 CET 2016

Thanks Antonio for the quick answer.
I am using the gvsig 2.3 build 2419 on windows 64 bits.

> http://sdi.provincia.bz.it/geoserver/inspire/wms?service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities
>
> I've tried to add the first WMS layer (administrative boundary) offered
> by this service - tiled or not, cached or not - in a view defined in
> EPSG:4326 and it works fine both in gvSIG 2.2 and 2.3 64-bits build
> 2419. Because there are several layers offered by this WMS server, can
> you tell us which specific layer is not visualized specifying your
> settings and attaching the gvSIG.log?

Ok, this layer works also for me, but can you try the
OrthoimageCoverage2008 and OrthoimageCoverage2011? I can not visualize
them, I use:
- image/png
- SRS: 4326 or 25832
- text/plain
but since I am not an expert on these services probably I am doing some
wrong choice in them?

Attached you can find the error log: gvsig_log_wms.

> http://sdi.provincia.bz.it/geoserver/inspire/wfs?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetCapabilities
>
> Trying the same exercise always with the administrative boundaries in a
> view defined in EPSG:25832 this time, enabling the caching, I can load
> the layer only if I choose the WFS version 1.0.0 in the Options tab.
> Effectively there are some problems when loading the version 1.1.0.
> Playing a bit with settings they should work now.

Sorry, I didn't select the layers to visualize... not so clear to tell you
the thruth... In any case it seems to load something but it doesn't
visualize anything.

Attached you can find the error log: gvsig_log_wfs.

> IMHO the progressbar is not very user-friendly sometimes, especially
> when the layer names are too long. In this case, it can appear hidden
> completely. So it seems that nothing is happening.
> Maybe a simple progressbar with fixed width and without text before
> could be more useful in order to understand if gvSIG is really working,
> connecting or something else.

Which progress bar do you mean? I can even see one... I am working on a
laptop, 13in so probably it is also more hidden under some other window...

 Thanks for all

Silvia

--
ing. Silvia Franceschi