[Gvsig_english] Installation of gvSIG_2.3_RC1

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 17:22:01 CET 2016

Thanks Mario,

in Linux it seems to be a Java version problem, that it's using other
> version. You could try to install this one:
>
> http://downloads.gvsig.org/download/gvsig-desktop/runtimes/java/java1.8/jre-8u72-linux-x64.tar.gz
> and run the installer again.

In fact I have java version "1.7.0_95" OpenJDK Runtime Environment. At the
moment I am not able (unfortunately) to install the version you sent to me
because this package creates a java folder but then I am not able to force
gvSIG installer to use the bin in that folder.
I will ask for some help here in office tomorrow.

> In reference to the Windows error, I don't know what can be happening.
> Have you tried to uninstall gvSIG and install it again? We would roule
> out possible causes at that way.

Yes I tried but it is always the same, I can run gvSIG only from the direct
executable and not from the link in the Start menu.

Thanks again!

Silvia

--
ing. Silvia Franceschi