[Gvsig_english] Problem creating

Antonio Falciano antonio.falciano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:50:32 CET 2016

Il 27/01/2016 11:58, Antonio Falciano ha scritto:
> Il 27/01/2016 09:09, Silvia Franceschi ha scritto:
>> Dear all,
>> I am trying to add two fields to a point shapefile with the coordinates
>> of the points X,Y.
>> I have this very simple shapefile (just 2 fields) created using an other
>> GIS in projection EPSG:3003. Following the instructions I should be able
>> to visualize the option Add Measure in the Table menu of the shapefile,
>> but for this file this option is not available.
>> Do you have any idea on what or where I am wrong?
>
> Ciao Silvia,
> it seems like a bug. You should simply open the attribute table and
> click on Layer > Add measure > Add X and Y, but it doesn't work with
> your shape both in gvSIG 2.2 and 2.3 build 2416. Instead, I've tried to
> do the same task with a point layer created in gvSIG and it works fine.
> Could you please open a ticket about this issue in the bug tracker?

A workaround: because your shape is of MultiPoint2D you can convert it
as Point2D using the "Separate multipart features" geoprocess in the
Geoprocessing Toolbox. More redundant, but it works now. So the issue
consists in the fact that the "Add measure" tools don't support
multipart layers. This sounds as an useful feature request! ;-)

ciao
Antonio

--
Antonio Falciano