[Gvsig_english] How to access schema from an input shapefile in scripting

Óscar Martínez omartinez at gvsig.com
Wed Oct 19 11:00:56 CEST 2016

In the 3D Points script it appears this full solution, creating a new
shape to export the result.

To create a new shape you will need something like this. You just will
need to change the geometry type to adapt it to your needs:

(Shape with a schema based on a existing layer)

     layer = gvsig.currentLayer()
     features = layer.features()

     #Create schema based on a existing schema
     sch = gvsig.createFeatureType(layer.getSchema())
     #We modified the geometry field of that schema for the geometry type that we want
     sch.getDefaultGeometryAttribute().setGeometryType(geom.POINT, geom.D3)

     #new shape
     shp = gvsig.createShape(sch, prefixname="points3d")

(New shape with new schema)

     #Create schema based on a existing schema
     sch = gvsig.createFeatureType(layer.getSchema())
     sch.append("ID", "INTEGER", 10)
     sch.append("GEOMETRY", "GEOMETRY")
      #We modified the geometry field of that schema for the geometry type that we want
     sch.getDefaultGeometryAttribute().setGeometryType(geom.POINT, geom.D3)

     #new shape
     shp = gvsig.createShape(sch, prefixname="points3d")

In this shape (that should be in editing mode because you just create
it),  you could directly append values, commit the changes, and add the
layer to the View

		shp.append(values)

     shp.commit()
     gvsig.currentView().addLayer(shp)