[Gvsig_english] Error opening 'Shape'

Mario Carrera mcarrera at gvsig.com
Wed Aug 22 12:08:24 CEST 2018

Dear Sara,

shapefile is composed of a minimum of 3 files: .SHP, .SHX and .DBF, and
it can have other ones that are not obligatory (.PRJ, .SBX...).

In your case it seems that the .dbf file, that is the attribute table
associated to the shapefile and is obligatory, is not in the same folder
than the .SHP and .SHX files. Is it in that folder?

Best regards,
   Mario

El 22/08/18 a las 11:49, Sara Tagaduan escribió:
> Dear Mario,
>
> Thank you so much for your help so far. Unfortunately, I have stumbled
> upon another problem. I have to bring shapefiles in gvsig for a
> current project, and I get an error, please see attached file. The
> shapefiles were created some years ago in ArchMap.
>
> Could that be the problem?
>
> Best regards,
> Sara

*Mario Carrera*

Training, Language and Communication Manager. gvSIG Association

Responsable de Formación, Internacionalización y Difusión. Asociación gvSIG

http://www.gvsig.com <http://www.gvsig.com/>