[Gvsig_english] Problem at the gvSIG 2.3.1 installation

Mario Carrera mcarrera at gvsig.com
Tue Jan 16 13:12:26 CET 2018

Hi Jean-Paul,

in some computers on Windows 10 -64 bits with a specific configuration
there has been a problem at the installation. The current solution is to
download the portable version. You only have to unzip it in a path
without spaces, and you don't have to unzip it in C:\ directly. For
example you can create a "gvSIG-desktop" folder in C:\ and unzip the
portable version in that folder.

Then you can run gvSIG directly from the gvsig-desktop.vbs file.

We have made some corrections in gvSIG 2.4 to fix the problem, and it
seems that it has been solved. Some users with that problem have tested
it and it has worked. gvSIG 2.4 version will be available soon.

Enjoy the course!

Best regards,
   Mario

El 16/01/18 a las 13:00, Jean Paul Ziel escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I'm starting the course about GIS applied to municipality management,
> that I consider very interesting, and I'm trying to install gvSIG, but
> I get this error:
>
> Exception code:
>
>           0x4001000a
>
> Address:
>
>           0xe0843a2d
>

> Could you help me?
>

> Thank you very much for that initiative.
>
> Kind regards,
>
>    Jean-Paul

*Mario Carrera*

Training, Language and Communication Manager. gvSIG Association

Responsable de Formación, Internacionalización y Difusión. Asociación gvSIG

http://www.gvsig.com <http://www.gvsig.com/>