[Gvsig_english] installation problem

Burkhardt, Glenn B UTAS Glenn.Burkhardt at utas.utc.com
Mon Oct 1 15:32:05 CEST 2018

I've downloaded the Windows installer for gvSig desktop "gvSIG-desktop-2.4.0-2850-final-win-x86_64-standard.exe", which installs without noticeable error.  However, when I try to start it, the splash screen comes up, but nothing more happens.  The computer I've installed it on is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607.

I also tried the "Portable version" "gvSIG-desktop-2.4.0-2850-final-win-x86_64.zip", and started the VBS script as instructed, and that comes up.

For what it's worth, the version with the Windows installer creates a shortcut that runs the "gvsig-desktop.exe" file, not the VBS script.