[Gvsig_english] installation problem

Mario Carrera mcarrera at gvsig.com
Mon Oct 1 18:27:48 CEST 2018

Hi Glenn,

gvSIG portable version should work if you run vbs or exe files. And it
also works if you run the cmd file, but a console is opened in parallel.

You can work on it as Sergio says.

The installable version has been working without any problem, and in
your case it's probable that the file downloaded is corrupt because of
any network problem when it was being downloaded.

Best regards,
   Mario

El 01/10/18 a las 15:32, Burkhardt, Glenn B UTAS escribió:
> I've downloaded the Windows installer for gvSig desktop "gvSIG-desktop-2.4.0-2850-final-win-x86_64-standard.exe", which installs without noticeable error.  However, when I try to start it, the splash screen comes up, but nothing more happens.  The computer I've installed it on is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607.
>
> I also tried the "Portable version" "gvSIG-desktop-2.4.0-2850-final-win-x86_64.zip", and started the VBS script as instructed, and that comes up.
>
> For what it's worth, the version with the Windows installer creates a shortcut that runs the "gvsig-desktop.exe" file, not the VBS script.

*Mario Carrera*

Training, Language and Communication Manager. gvSIG Association

Responsable de Formación, Internacionalización y Difusión. Asociación gvSIG

http://www.gvsig.com <http://www.gvsig.com/>