[Gvsig_usuarios] Re: Java bindings for GDAL (was [Gvsig_desarrolladores] JMRSID)

Luis W. Sevilla sevilla_lui en gva.es
Mar Sep 27 16:15:34 CEST 2005

Alvaro Zabala wrote:

>>- do you know if access to gdal is thread safe? I guess I have read from the
>>gdal creator that it is not still thread safe. Do you know if it would be
>>suitable for a server usage?
>>

>After some probes, Im pretty sure that gdal isnt thread safe.
>
>I had to synchronize my dao class' access method (which calls
>jmrsidnative class methods) to avoid problems with concurrent request
>of a same image.

There are anythig we can do in a wrapper development to do a C/C++
underliying library threadsafe. If
Frank saids gdal isn't thread safe, so jgdal can´t be too.

Besides this gdal it's at the bottom of mapserver, so it may be with
GeoServer, isn't it?

Greetings

(sorry for cross-posting, and for empty-replying)