[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (1243) some issues regarding the latest version::link with joined table

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at muenchen.de
Thu Aug 20 13:10:39 CEST 2009

Hi Roser,
I tested again, whether it is possible to use a joined table as a source
for an event theme. I could specify the x- and y-column, but the event
theme was not generated. The following error is written into the
logfile (see below). Hope that helps to find the bug.

Best,
Wolfgang

 From the logfile:

at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.layers.SelectableDataSource.getFieldValue(SelectableDataSource.java:253)
at
com.iver.gvsig.addeventtheme.AddEventThemeDriver.getY(AddEventThemeDriver.java:133)
at
com.iver.gvsig.addeventtheme.AddEventThemeDriver.getFullExtent(AddEventThemeDriver.java:145)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.layers.VectorialAdapter.getFullExtent(VectorialAdapter.java:137)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.featureiterators.SpatialQueryFeatureIterator$FastSpatialCheck.isBoundedShapesNecessary(SpatialQueryFeatureIterator.java:409)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.featureiterators.SpatialQueryFeatureIterator$FastSpatialCheck.<init>(SpatialQueryFeatureIterator.java:383)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.featureiterators.SpatialQueryFeatureIterator.<init>(SpatialQueryFeatureIterator.java:131)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.layers.VectorialAdapter.getFeatureIterator(VectorialAdapter.java:219)
at com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.layers.FLyrVect._draw(FLyrVect.java:368)
at com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.layers.FLyrVect.draw(FLyrVect.java:600)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.DefaultMapContextDrawer.draw(DefaultMapContextDrawer.java:209)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.DefaultMapContextDrawer.draw(DefaultMapContextDrawer.java:175)
at com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.MapContext.draw(MapContext.java:1088)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.MapControl$PaintingRequest.paint(MapControl.java:1043)
at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.MapControl$Drawer2$Worker.run(MapControl.java:1234)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.PluginServices - Plugin
com.iver.core -- Konnte Übersetzung nicht finden für: Informations-Konsole
WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.PluginServices - Plugin
com.iver.core -- Konnte Übersetzung nicht finden für: Aktiviert das
Fenster
DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.core.mdiManager.NewSkin - Activando
Informations-Konsole
DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.ui.mdiFrame.MDIFrame - Memory
usage 112139 KB
DEBUG Thread-8287 com.iver.andami.messages.NotificationManager - 33

roser schrieb:
> Hi Wolfgang, sorry for answering so late, I wasn't here yesterday
>
> I reported the bug to the developers including your log and screenshot,
> and another bug that I found when testing yours, I hope it gets fixed soon.
> And for the other bugs although I couldn't reproduce them, They've told
> me that they are going to have a look at them, so it's just a matter of
> time.
>
> Best regards
> roser
>

> Wolfgang Qual wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>> I have to add that I was able to finalize the table work - _within gvSIG
>> 1.1.2_: using the manage fields dialogue in this version, I was able to
>> rename, delete fields without running into problems.
>> Truncation of field names did not appear.  ;)
>> The Umlauts in my attribute table were displayed correctly, no problem.
>> Should I summarize the problems I ran into?
>>
>> Best regards. Comments are welcome - as always.
>> Wolfgang
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Wolfgang Qual schrieb:
>>

>>> Hi list,
>>> again, I made a new test. I thought that empty cells may cause the
>>> problem with cropped/mixed cell content. Therefore, I deleted all
>>> columns that contain no values. Also colums were deleted
>>> which do contain only few empty cells. Then, I added some new fields
>>> and used the field calculator. Afterwards, I changed the name of some
>>> columns and closed the field manager.
>>> The table looked nice, but when my edits were saved (left the edit
>>> mode), all got mixed up again. Very frustrating. I could reproduce
>>> this behaviour more than 5 times. It seems as if using the field
>>> manager to delete some columns causes the problem. Screenshot enclosed
>>> (there are values like "llgemeinmedizin" and "rau", "err" which should
>>> be "Allgmeinmedizin", "Herr" and "Frau".
>>>
>>> Additionally, it seems to be very important to define the correct font
>>> encoding, _before_ one starts an editing session. Otherwise, the table
>>> will be not usable any more, as umlauts cannot be restored again...
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Wolfgang
>>>
>>> ----

	*Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
uw11.rgu at muenchen.de
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm