[Gvsig_english] WFS, Sextante

Dietrich Schröder dietrich.schroeder at hft-stuttgart.de
Tue Jul 7 16:16:06 CEST 2009

Hi List,

in the last weeks I’ve done some (simple) projects with gvSIG (1.1.2 on
Windows XP) using Sextante as well.

Here some questions/problems I’ve encountered:

1)      I’ve found no option to set a spatial filter for WFS. I don’t need
to load thousands of land parcels, but only a few ones, i.e. using some kind
of bounding box. How can I do this?

2)      In the Modeler of Sextante some tools are deactivated. Some became
active, when I load some layers of the corresponding geometry type into the
View.  If I want to create a model, this makes no sense, all procedures
should be available so I can set up a model and use it in another project.
Even worse, I didn’t manage to get some of the tools active at all, in
particular those for polygons.

3)      Using the vectorize tool for polygons from Sextante, I got some
problems for complex polygons, i.e. polygons with holes. For instance, if
you want to create from a DEM polygons with height classes, the lower height
classes of cause will contain the higher ones, so the lower height classes
should have holes. But my results don’t have any holes, but they are
overlapped by the other polygons. For a map it makes no difference, but you
can’t use these data for further analysis

Any suggestions/remarks on this topics will be appreciated,

Dietrich