[Gvsig_english] WFS, Sextante

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 7 17:10:35 CEST 2009

Dietrich Schröder ha scritto:
> Hi List,
>
> in the last weeks I've done some (simple) projects with gvSIG (1.1.2 on
> Windows XP) using Sextante as well.
>
> Here some questions/problems I've encountered:
>
> 1) I've found no option to set a spatial filter for WFS. I don't
> need to load thousands of land parcels, but only a few ones, i.e. using
> some kind of bounding box. How can I do this?

Dietrich,
a spatial filter can be obtained using WFS filter encoding [1] with
spatial operator BBOX in your server URL. It works fine!

> 2) In the Modeler of Sextante some tools are deactivated. Some
> became active, when I load some layers of the corresponding geometry
> type into the View.  If I want to create a model, this makes no sense,
> all procedures should be available so I can set up a model and use it in
> another project. Even worse, I didn't manage to get some of the tools
> active at all, in particular those for polygons.

You have simply to add at least one input vector layer to activate their
corresponding tools into modeler.

> 3) Using the vectorize tool for polygons from Sextante, I got some
> problems for complex polygons, i.e. polygons with holes. For instance,
> if you want to create from a DEM polygons with height classes, the lower
> height classes of cause will contain the higher ones, so the lower
> height classes should have holes. But my results don't have any holes,
> but they are overlapped by the other polygons. For a map it makes no
> difference, but you can't use these data for further analysis...

Topology [2] is the answer, however I've not tested well.

> Any suggestions/remarks on this topics will be appreciated,
>
> Dietrich

Best regards,
Antonio

[1] http://mapserver.org/ogc/filter_encoding.html