[Gvsig_english] filter window takes a long time to list attribute values (tested with Oracle Spatial plugin)

Sergio Clark sergio.clark at iver.es
Wed Feb 3 14:48:45 CET 2010

Hi,

You're right. We've solved this problem in other applications, by
limiting the displaying of values in the Filter panel (not with Oracle,
but with Postgis). For example, if there're more than 2000 different
values in the selected field, they won't be displayed as a list and
it'll be a message: "too many values to be displayed", in order to save
time.

Maybe we could do the same in gvSIG. I'll write a feature request to the
developers.

Thanks, and regards.
Sergio.

Sergio Clark