[Gvsig_english] 3D extension alpha channel problem

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 10:01:30 CEST 2010

Hi Jan,

We need some information to track down this issue. Could you please post
your graphic hardware specifications, drivers and your S.O.?

Which format present this problem? Collada, 3ds?  If your data is not
propietary, could you post a example model?

Cheers.

2010/6/21 Jan Zvonik <jan.zvonik at geosense.cz>

> Hello,
>
> when working with 3D extension 14 under gvSIG 1.9  I always encounter a
> problem with alpha channel and transparency of textures.
>

> Is it possible to get some information on how the renderer handles alpha
> channel and if there is a way to solve the issue by following some rules
> when preparing the 3D model or is transparency a show stopper for gvSIG 3D?
> From tests we have done it seems that the renderer tries to display alpha
> but the projection is wrong.
>
> Attached you can see the original model and projection under gvSIG, the
> transparency of fence is not preserved.
>
> I will be graceful for any information regarding this issue.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jan Zvoník

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es