[Gvsig_english] Importing a raster image with gvSIG Mobile

Marcel Schoolmeesters schoolmeesters at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 14:56:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

google coordinates are EPSG:3785, I think? (old name: EPSG:900913) -
That was the easiest way to get coordinates. I have used the map for
u-center (from u-blox), because of using that application for testing
last year. So I easily could lookup zthe upper edge. I did not have any
Desktop GIS installed, perhaps I should do that ;) but I will need a map
of the region with identical points, don't I? or is it possibvle to
transform by click and enter coordinates?

Concerning your new map image: Did you change/rescale the image? it is
not the same anymore, so the new worldfile cannot be compared.

As mentioned before, the image is not in EPSG:4326 obviously, otherwise
it would not have to be resized by gvSIG Mobile ;) and the ratio is not
really small, I think...it is rather 0.5 in height or something surround it?

Regards,

Marcel