[Gvsig_desarrolladores] [gvSIG - POSTGIS]Encoding supported

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru en gmail.com
Mie Mar 26 10:34:50 CET 2008

Bonjour Hatem.

There is an international list that you may use if you feel more
comfortable in English or French.
Anyway, about Postgis encoding, these is the code that we are using:

            rsAux = st.executeQuery("SHOW server_encoding;");
            rsAux.next();
            String serverEncoding = rsAux.getString(1);
            System.out.println("Server encoding = " + serverEncoding);
            // st.execute("SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'UNICODE';");
            // Intentamos convertir nuestras cadenas a ese encode.
            postGisSQL.setEncoding(serverEncoding);

Maybe there is something wrong, but it is difficult to test for us in
Arab. Can you send to us the file "gvsig.log"?. It must be in your temp
directory.
Also, you can try to type manually this commands to the server and see
what is the response.I mean "SHOW server_encoding". Maybe then we can
find the problem.

Thanks for trying gvSIG.
Au revoir! :-)

Fran