[Gvsig_desarrolladores] Several patches for PostGIS driver

Andrés Maneiro amaneiro en cartolab.es
Mar Ago 10 19:36:15 CEST 2010

Hi all,

last weeks, CartoLab has been working on PostGIS driver for gvsig 1.10.

We have posted all patches in the OSOR bugtracker. As it could be
interesting for some of you, we'are summing up here all the fixes
provided (see below).

We have tested all of the patches provided and also how they work
together. Our initial tests seems to show that PostGIS driver is more
stable and user-friendly with them. Nevertheless, we're open to discuss
if it's worth applying them and if they introduce any regression we
haven't realized.

We hope that they are useful to you.

PostGIS patches:

[#14537] Unable to export to postgis when a field called gid already
exists:
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/?func=detail&aid=14537&group_id=89&atid=732

[#14556] Geoproceso recortar capas desde postgis consola error:
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14556&group_id=89&atid=732

[#14555] Postgis driver: while create new layer, generate gid name
taking into account other fields names
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14555&group_id=89&atid=732

[#14554] Don't allow user to leave blank the name of a layer to export
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14554&group_id=89&atid=732

[#14547] Several errorDialog are launched for the same exception
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14547&group_id=89&atid=732

[#14546] PostGIS Driver should be case sensitive
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14546

[#14308] Lost connection after every SQL fail
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14308

[#14545] Postgis driver: show only tables the user has privileges over
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14545&group_id=89&atid=790

[#14400] No reconoce el tipo de datos smallint
https://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14400

best,
amaneiro

PS: sorry for the cross-posting, but we though this message could be
interesting for developers and for some of people in gvsig-international
too.