[Gvsig_desarrolladores] gvSIG @ FOSS4G CodeSprint?

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez en uv.es
Vie Ago 27 16:57:10 CEST 2010

I have a suggestion that I don't know if it fits here (in the CodeSprint). Nacho had some problems reading a kmz file[1]. Maybe you guys can try either to add a kmz driver or to modify the current kml one. As now there are some silly problems avoiding to read kml like the need to change 2.2 by 2.1 or just changing the header by <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1"> but what bothers me more is that when I finally get a kml in gvsig I only able to see a feature ID, the rest of information (name, description, icon, ...) is gone.
Gpsbabel [2] that was part of the Junta y Castilla y León extension is able to parse the kml better than the current driver. There is also a kmlcsv converter [3] than can do the trick.
In case this suggestion doesn't fit in the CodeSprint, take it like a wish for gvSIG 2.0.
Best
[1] http://tinyurl.com/galicia-oblicua
[2] http://www.gpsbabel.org
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmlcsv/