[Gvsig_english] Problems with WCS

Luis W. Sevilla sevilla_lui at gva.es
Fri Sep 30 13:56:49 CEST 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I have downloaded and installed gvSIG 0.4 today on Linux.  This process
>went well after I got the provided JRE, JAI and related stuff.
>
>I openev a few files in gvSIG, and worked with a WMS layer with no
>problem.  However, my primary interest is in use of gvSIG as a WCS
>client.  So I added a layer from my WCS server and got a message
>about not having RESX, RESY or WIDTH and HEIGHT set.
>
>The console window reported the following request had been made:
>
>http://maps.gdal.org/cgi-bin/mapserv_dem?&service=WCS&version=1.0.0
>  &request=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=srtmplus_raw&CRS=EPSG:4326
>  &FORMAT=GEOTIFF_INT16
>&BBOX=-103.3295836522452,-64.52253483097417,-20.211306014764745,13.496461969851055
>  &RESY=28239.318972337784&RESX=28244.963336626388
>

>As you can see a BBOX and RESX/RESY values were provided, so the
>error (from my WCS server) isn't strictly accurate.  However, the problem
>seems to be that the RESX/RESY values are extremely large and thus
>the internally computed WIDTH and HEIGHT are zero.

I've being checking this and it seems we'have a bug there. We'll try to
solve it ASAP.

>Can anyone comment on why the above RESX/RESY values might
>have been selected?  At the time I was visualizing most of south
>america as you can see from the BBOX.  And the layer (and BBOX)
>are in decimal degrees.

I've no explanation right now.  Maybe in the way the view works. Perhaps
you've loaded layers on UTM or show, moved around, and when you've
loaded this layer it trys to show in that way.

Opening a new view, and adding this WCS as the first layer must work as
expected.

Thanks for your feedback

    Luis

--