[Gvsig_english] Problems with WCS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 30 15:30:12 CEST 2005

On 9/30/05, Luis W. Sevilla <sevilla_lui at gva.es> wrote:
> I've no explanation right now.  Maybe in the way the view works. Perhaps
> you've loaded layers on UTM or show, moved around, and when you've
> loaded this layer it trys to show in that way.
>
> Opening a new view, and adding this WCS as the first layer must work as
> expected.

Luis,

I had been testing over a WMS view of SRTM30 data but I tried it again
today in a clean session.  To ensure you can reproduce I'll be specific
about the steps:

 1) Open gvSIG 0.4
 2) Create new view.
 3) Open the view.
 4) click on Add Layer.
 5) Select WCS tab.
 6) Enter server "http://maps.gdal.org/cgi-bin/mapserv_dem?".
 7) Hit details buttom.
 8) Hit "Next"
 9) Select srtmplus_raw coverage and "WGS84(DD)" CRS.
 9) Hit "Next"
10) Select GEOTIFF_INT16 format and hit ok.

Next we see the GetCoverage error message from MapServer.