[Gvsig_english] Re: Compliling GvSIG to Mac OS X

Mija hoanqui at ono.com
Wed Apr 5 15:16:46 CEST 2006

Hi there!

I'm Mijail, a soon-to-be-contributor to gvSIG on OS X. Greetings!

I've looked into your problem and it seems to be caused by the way
you took the sources into Eclipse.
Don't import them; just open the sources directory, the one you
downloaded, as a full workspace in Eclipse.
You can do that by selecting "Switch Workspace" in the File menu.

In your screenshot we can see that when Eclipse began to build the
projects, it created some directories that should not be there (like
"bin"). So I'd suggest that you delete that workspace and start over
as I said, just in case there are some more spurious files / folders.

Hope this helps! :)

(As a side note: OS X uses, by default, a filesystem called HFS+,
which is case-preserving but case-insensitive. Linux usually is case-
preserving and case-sensitive, and Windows is NON-case-sensitive and
NON-case-preserving, IIRC. So this problem might not happen in Linux
or Windows, or much worse, perhaps it could happen and go unnoticed...)