[Gvsig_english] GvSIG, Mac OS X, slowness

Francisco José fpenarru at iver.es
Fri Apr 7 13:33:12 CEST 2006

Mija escribió:
> Yep, gvSIG in OS X is SLOW in some aspects of the program. That's why
> I'm into the project, to correct that. We're working on it.
>
> So, if you can report cases in which it is terribly slow (like 10-20
> times slower than Windows), you'd be helping the cause :). And, even
> more importantly: If you find any case in which it suddenly works
> faster (like Windows), report that too!

I'm not sure because I cannot do tests (we don't have a Mac), but I
think its a matter of using a "compatible" image in rendering. The only
workaround I can imagine is detect that gvSIG is running in a Mac, and
then choose another Rendering Strategy.

Or do the rendering directly to the graphics.....

You can do the tests without debugging gvSIG. Try to do tests rendering
debugging SingleView, inside package Demo. It's easier.

Have fun.

PS: It would be a good point to do the tests with all systems (Mac,
Linux and Windows). By our experience, there is no difference between
Linux and Windows. But MacOSX ..... Yes, it needs to do an optimization.

--
Francisco José Peñarrubia
Equipo gvSIG

IVER T.I. S.A.