[Gvsig_english] ascii raster file

Hugues Boussard hugues.boussard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:30:33 CEST 2006

Hello ,

I manage to integrate a new reading format for ascii raster file into gvsig.
It was quite simple :
GeoRasterFile :
 supportedExtensions.put("asc",  GdalFile.class);

GdalFile :

GeoRasterFile.registerExtension("asc", GdalFile.class);

then I launched the application into eclipse in order to compile the two
classes and then I added the two file.class in the cms.jar whose containing
"cresques", and it's works.

Indeed, now I launch my application gvsig and it accepts to load the ascii
raster file (".asc").

but, I can't change the color and especially, when I load a big file (250
Mo), I only have to wait and wait again.

Maybe, there is a max size for gdal... or for raster...

Do you think I could integrate to gvsig the management of hollow matrix
("matrice creuse" in french) ? it's the fact to set in memory only
the important values and not the "nodata-values".

thanks for all,

Hugues Boussard

INRA - Sad Paysage