[Gvsig_english] Setting projections with Ubuntu

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Sat Dec 16 19:15:39 CET 2006

Hi,

This is directly related to a post Patti dott. Giuseppe made on Sept.
28. In that post he indicates that when changing the projection of a
view that on his Ubuntu 6.06 system that he gets a dialogue box with
what appears to be an unclickable button. The response he got
suggested it might be due using a 1.5.0 JRE, rather than a 1.4.2 JRE.

I am getting exactly the same problem under Ubuntu 6.06 and 6.10
using the 1.4.2. The machine running Ubuntu 6.10 only has the 1.4.2
JRE installed on it. I was wondering if there is a work around to
this problem that I just haven't been able to find in my web search.

Overall, I'm really impressed with gvSIG. I first loaded on my iBook,
and under OS X it works like a charm.

Dan