[Gvsig_english] Setting projections with Ubuntu

Luis W. Sevilla sevilla_lui at gva.es
Mon Dec 18 17:24:57 CET 2006

Dan Putler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is directly related to a post Patti dott. Giuseppe made on Sept.
> 28. In that post he indicates that when changing the projection of a
> view that on his Ubuntu 6.06 system that he gets a dialogue box with
> what appears to be an unclickable button. The response he got
> suggested it might be due using a 1.5.0 JRE, rather than a 1.4.2 JRE.
>
> I am getting exactly the same problem under Ubuntu 6.06 and 6.10
> using the 1.4.2. The machine running Ubuntu 6.10 only has the 1.4.2
> JRE installed on it. I was wondering if there is a work around to
> this problem that I just haven't been able to find in my web search.

I've detected that, with some screen resolutions, GUI behaves in a very
strange fashion. Perhaps you have a screen with a great amount of
pixels and not so much screen size (for instance, 1600x1400 with a 15.4
screen, and screen DPI setted accurately.
If so, the workaround may be to set system screen resolution to 96 DPI,
what beahaves standar way, but with big resolutions gives small on
screen fonts.
Please, send us a complete description of your system to fix this
problem. We've made some minor changes about that, but it seems it's not
ready yet.
By the way , I suppose you're using 1.0 stable release. in RC3 there
were still some resolution problems.

> Overall, I'm really impressed with gvSIG. I first loaded on my iBook,
> and under OS X it works like a charm.

Thanks for your comments.

Greetins

    Luis