[Gvsig_english] New field calculator::some remarks

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Aug 2 10:10:36 CEST 2007

Hi developers,
the description of the operator "+" for string-values is wrong, as the
description says that it would return a numeric value. Well, this is not a
big problem, as the calculator itself is really helpful. Congrats!

Second: it would be good, if arguments for the calculation would "jump" into
the right place, when the cursor is at the correct position. Example:
I click on "max" and max() appears in the expression window. However, when I
place the cursor in between the brackets, and click on the desired column,
the column name will be written behind max().

Third: What type does the expression file need to be? Textfile? Would be cool,
if I could save an expression for later usage by clicking on a button "Save
expression". I can also copy an expression and open a text-editor, but this
would speed things up a little bit.

Best,
Wolfgang