[Gvsig_english] strange error with tables in 1.1 (RC1+2)

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Fri Aug 10 14:27:20 CEST 2007

Hi list,
I encountered a strange error when opening a big table with addresses in gvSIG
1.1. I can open that table in gvSIG, but some records are missing (they are
displayed as empty lines, see attached screenshot gvsig_tableerror.png). The
same table opened in ArcView 3.2 visualizes all records.
The table contains columns for Streetname (STRANAM), house number and
additional character field (ADR_ZUS), which can have a value like 'a','b'
etc. Most records with a value for ADR_ZUS are not displayed. Maybe they are
sorted out by gvSIG (as most of the entries of those lines are identical
except the ADR_ZUS)
The "funny" thing is that gvSIG 1.0.2 *does* display all records (see attached
screenshot gvsig_table_102.png). Extracting some records with values for
ADR_ZUS in 1.0.2 and opening that shapefile in 1.1 will result in the
following: all records of that shapefile are shown! The original shapefile is
really big - about 150000 records, 95MB of size. A bug? I hope that this is
not that confusing.

Best regards,
Wolfgang