[Gvsig_english] Remarks and questions about gvSIG 1.1 (rc2)

Sergio Clark sergio.clark at iver.es
Fri Aug 24 09:50:36 CEST 2007

Wolfgang Qual escribió:
> Hi list,
> I have some questions/remarks regarding new version of gvsig.
>
> 1) when setting a new view, it was not possible to specify the correct projection: I searched for "dhdn" within the projection dialogue, and some entries where found. However, when selecting the coprrect record, a message "crs not supported" pops up. When I perform a seatch on "Gauss", the correct entry (which is actually the same as before), it is possible to choose this as the target coordinate system.
>
> 2)When trying to "translate" a numeric value into a string value, numbers get an additional ".0"., eg. 2 becomes 2.0. However, what I would need to do is to connect a string-field with the transformed numerical field, like:
> "Hauptstr."+26 = "Hauptstr. 26"
>
> 3) will it be possible to run future versions of gvSIG (incl. 1.1) using older (but already installed) versions of the java runtime environment? We would like to use only one jre on our computers, if possible. Some colleagues of me worry about having a special jre for each java application. They would like to have a "lean" linux system within our administration (a linux desktop client is being built for the desktop pc's of the City administration. It's called "LiMux"). I understand this concern, but if there are strong reasons for an extra jre for gvSIG, it would be good for me to know them. Just to explain it to my colleagues.
>
> 4)Export to oracle: is there a description available especially for exporting a shapefile to oracle? Maybe it is not possible yet? Maybe I just do not know how.

/
/Hello Wolfgang,

In order to get access to Oracle Spatial databases you have to install
Oracle drivers first. There is a description in the gvSIG web, point
geoDB extension, where you can see the steps you must follow:
http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=1655&L=2%2Findex.php%3Fid%3D&L=2

With this, you should export shapes to Oracle correctly. I think there
is a little bug, because the Export to Oracle option maybe should be
"not available" until Oracle driver had been installed.

Please, tell us if this was your problem. Thanks.

Sergio.

--

Sergio Clark
Equipo gvSIG