[Gvsig_english] Re: My wish list about Sextante for gvSIG

Victor Olaya volaya at unex.es
Wed Dec 19 19:07:05 CET 2007

Antonio

Thanks a lot for your ideas!

> - the integration with Geoprocessing tools (useful in models);

This is a bit tricky...In the short term, some geoprocessing tools will be
"cloned" as sextante tools so you can use them in models, at the command
line interface, or in the batch processing tool (not yet developed...).

We are also going to "clone" some additional features such as the field
calculator for tables.

> - the possibility to specify the raster extent in models;

If the module generates raster layers, when you execute it, it automatically
adds the "raster output" tab

> - a Polylines to Polygons tool (such as OpenJUMP's "Polygonize" or
> Kosmo's "Convert closed lines to polygons");

This does not seem difficult to implement...

> - an affine transform tool for vector layers (see OpenJump);

Easy as well...I did not do it before because it is already implemented as a
geoprocess, but it is not difficult...(I developed the affine transform tool
in SAGA...so I have code to copy from..)

> - topological tools (not only network topology, see Kosmo);

These tools are not among my plans...and I am afraid I am not going to work
on them...at least now.

> What is your list?

I have a list of more than 50 new extensions I want to add...ranging from
CA-based model to quality asessment analytical tools (conditional Monte
Carlo simulations, spatial outliers detection)...and many more... I have
enough ideas for a few years already...but nevertheless, yours are welcome!

The most important thing that I am going to develop in the next few months
is the batch processing tool...but I hope to have it ready soon. Stay tuned
for new updates.

Thanks again for your help!

Victor

p.s. The modeller is not yet finished, so your ideas about it are also
welcome...