[Gvsig_english] Geocodification in gvSIG

Michael Fecht fecht at grid-it.at
Fri Jul 6 15:13:20 CEST 2007

Hi Miguel,

here is the contribution from Austria. We also have a simple System:

- streetname and number
- postal code: 4 digits
- town/village

Postal code an town or village are usally in one line.

Some villages do not have streetnames. In that case each house just has
a number (Example 2).

Example 1:
----------
Freisingstraße 2
6020 Innsbruck

Example 2:
----------
Leisach 45
9900 Leisach

or sometimes

Hausnummer 45
9900 Leisach

Greetings from Technikerstaße 21a, 6020 Innsbruck
Michael

Vincent Schut schrieb:
> Hi Miguel,
>
> In the Netherlands we have a very simple system (small country :-)):
>
> - street name and number
> - postal code: 4 digit number, 2 capital characters
> - town/village, in case the same village name exists in more provinces
> one can add the province or an abreviation thereof.
>
> examples:
>
> Hoofdstraat 10
> 1234 AB
> Amsterdam
>
> or:
>
> Spijksedijk 322b
> 4143 EE
> Spijk, ZH
>
> (where ZH is an abreviation for 'Zuid Holland')
>
> Cheers,
> Vincent Schut
>

> Miguel Montesinos wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> we are starting the development of a new module aimed at offering normalization and geocodification capabilities in gvSIG.
>>
>> The addressing system varies in every country. We would like to know the different addressing systems used in your countries in order to cover as many addressing systems as possible.
>>
>> Could you please send me the addressing system of your country, as well as several examples.
>>
>> As a sample, in Spain our addressing system is the following one:
>>
>> 1) - Street type (e.g. calle -street-, avenida -avenue-, ...).
>>    - Street name (e.g. Blasco Ibáñez).
>>    - Number (e.g. 60, 15bis, ...).
>>    - Postal Code (5 digits, e.g. 46010), where postal code follows the format PPLLL
>>       * PP: Province code.
>>       * LLL: Neighbourhood or village.
>>    - Town / village.
>>    - Example: Avenida Blasco Ibáñez, 60 46010 Valencia.
>>
>> 2) - Road name (e.g. carretera -road- Valencia a Pinedo, autovía -highway-, ...) / Road code.
>>    - Milestone (e.g. km. 3,5).
>>    - Examples:
>>          * Carretera Valencia a Pinedo, Km 3,5.
>>          * A3, Km. 7.
>>
>> Hope we'll be able to cover all your systems and get a good geocodification engine.
>>
>> Thanks for your collaboration,
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>> Miguel Montesinos
>> Technical Manager
>> PRODEVELOP
>> C/ Conde Salvatierra, 34 - 10
>> 46004 Valencia. Spain
>> e-mail: mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
>> http://www.prodevelop.es
>> Tlf: +34 963510612

Mag. Michael Fecht

GRID-IT Gesellschaft für angewandte Geoinformatik mbH
Technikerstraße 21a, A-6020 Innsbruck
web  www.grid-it.at
fax +43 (0)512 507 4869

tel +43 (0)512 507 4862