[Gvsig_english] comparison between gvSIG and another java-based GIS: openjump. Possible?

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Tue Jun 12 13:42:12 CEST 2007

Hi list,
I would be interested in your opinion: is it possible to make a fair
comparison between gvSIG and openjump? Both are java-based applications, both
have similar extensions, but what's the difference? I have the impression
that development of gvSIG is very straight-forward, the webpage is very
transparent. But I do not have any experiences with openjump. Therefore, I
would be most grateful for some comments. Is there a link/exchange between
the developers of both applications or are they completely separated?

Best regards,
Wolfgang