[Gvsig_english] comparison between gvSIG and another java-based GIS: openjump. Possible?

Simone Casciaroli simone.casciaroli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:57:54 CEST 2007

I have already done this comparison when my firm decided to support an
Open Source Desktop GIS.
gvSIG respect to OpenJump is:
- more stable
- more quick in the loading of shape and at the same time with less
memory requirement
- more OGC complaint (when I tested OpenJump there isn't a WFS plugin)
- the interface is more professional and more similar to professional
GIS/CAD tools
The only con (for me):
- OpenJump has more development documentation, and the international
community is wider

I hope that this contributions can help you

SImone