[Gvsig_english] udig

Price NJANDA p.njanda at alkante.com
Wed Jun 13 16:10:05 CEST 2007

Hi List,

gvSIG is mapserver compatible for web services, and uDIG is based on
geoserver ( a WFS-T WFS transactional server).
my questions (I know this technical question does not determine wether
the two projects are compatible) is:
- Is it possible to combine map server and geoserver on a single plateform?

_*in document attached:*_ This is a list of functionnalities I tested
from may 2006 to september 2006. the matter was to compare some free and
open source GIS (gvSIG, uDIG, Kosmo) with some proprietary GIS (mapInfo,
ArcGIS, Geoconcept) basic version without extension.

If some are interrested in such tests, may be we can update this table?

Price

Marcel St-Germain a écrit :
> Hi, about "competition" with udig, I contact them about collaboration
> with gvsig project.
>
> They are interested.  If I remember the big point to iron out was the
> type of licence for the two projects who differs.  They tell me that
> they will contact gvsig project.
>
> I do not know if that occur....???
>
> Each project have their goals.  why reinvent the well if joint
> development could be made.  Wait and see.
>
> Marcel

Price NJANDA
ALKANTE SAS

Architecte-Urbaniste DEIAU