[Gvsig_english] Question regarding join/link function of gvSIG 1.0.2

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 13:18:34 CEST 2007

Hi list, developers,
I have a problem regarding the join-tool. I just started testing this:
therefore, I created a dbf-table in openoffice calc with two entries
(key,value; dbase 3-format) and tried to join this table to an existing
attribute table of a shapefile. Of course, both key-columns are numeric.
However, the names of the columns of the join-table do not appear within the
join-table dialogue.
The funny thing is that a join between two attribute tables of two different
shapefiles was possible. Therefore, I expect me to do something wrong - or (I
do not hope that) - is there a known bug with this join-feature of gvSIG?
What has one to keep in mind when joining/linking tables?

Best regards,
Wolfgang