[Gvsig_english] gvSIG eclipse plugin

Mario Pisa mario.pisa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:06:29 CEST 2007

On 6/20/07, Jorge Sanz <jsanz at prodevelop.es> wrote:

> Nop, "G"vsig is "N"ot "U"nix!! ;)

;-DD

 but gvSIG is GPLed software, you know...

I agree!

 Maybe is not developed like other Free Software projects as GNU ones (and
> it's pretty younger) but you've to be sure that the code and related
> materials already available are FREE.

Yes, I have all code, his license is GPL. But, for put gvSIG-GNU is
necessary rewrite all Sun Java Libraries, or better, don't use Java,  ;-)))

 Having a public CVS is not a requisite for a free software project, it
> helps, but it's not necessary at all.
>
> That really makes a "good" Free Software (IMHO) is a big community of
> individuals talking about a problem or necessity to resolve. The way is
> resolved is something that can be improved, of course, and I'm sure gvSIG
> team listens carefully what the community request.

Yes, I agree. But GNU is much more what GPL license and a great community.

Best regards

 Regards.