[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Oracle Spatial Database

Manuel Madrid madrid_man at gva.es
Mon Mar 5 16:04:26 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang.

You can't add oracle spatial layers with the current gvSIG release but
you'll be able soon.
We're on the point of releasing the Oracle Spatial gvSIG extension.
If you can wait a few weeks you don't need to write any script.
And yes, this is the right place for writing your wishes, and above all
any comment or suggestion you have about gvSIG.
In fact we need to hear what you need to make gvSIG really useful.

Thanks!
  Manuel.

Wolfgang Qual escribió:
> Hi list,
> I do not know, whether this is the right place for writing wishes (if not:
> where?). As we have quite some spatial data on a remote oracle spatial
> server, it would be handy to have a possibility to load those layers into
> gvSIG directly (like a PostGIS-layer). Question therefore:
> Would it be possible to add this feature to gvSIG? Would it be possible to
> solve this task by writing a script?
>
> Comments are greatly welcome!
>
> Best regards,
> Wolfgang

Manuel Madrid.
Proyecto gvSIG (http://www.gvsig.gva.es)
Conselleria d'Infraestructures i Transport.
Generalitat Valenciana.
Valencia (Spain).