[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and other open source projects - what is your opinion

Simone Casciaroli simone.casciaroli at corenet.it
Wed Mar 21 14:13:48 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang,
Qgis is developed in C++ instead gvSIG is developed in java (but I think
that you know already that), I think that collaboration in client
development is quite difficult but that it's possible to work to create
interoperable solution (for example for open QGis project in gvSIG).
In other gvSIG manage SLD for import/export of layers thematization and WMC
for import/export WMS map.
Using this standard it's good for interoperability.

Besta regards,

Simone Casciaroli
Core Soluzioni Informatiche S.r.l.
http://www.corenet.it
Via Calzolerie, 2 - 40125 BOLOGNA - ITALY
tel. +39.051.278969
fax. +39.051.270806