[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and other open source projects - what is your opinion

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed Mar 21 14:46:03 CET 2007

Hello Simone, list.
maybe I was writing a bit unclear. Having tested QGIS, GRASS and gvSIG, I
noticed that for example, gvSIG has a far more sophisticated printing
utility, ability for performing table-joins etc, while GRASS allows the user
to make complicated vector/raster analysis. Therefore, one might think: hey,
wouldn't it be great to get my GRASS layers into gvSIG (better layout
function...). I could also ask: will it be possible in the future to open all
supported gdal/ogr-layers in gvSIG? I am not sure, whether this important or
not (small and fast may be more important than huge and slow...).

Best regards,
Wolfgang