[Gvsig_english] wish: (extended) field statistics

Alvaro Zabala azabala at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:06:57 CEST 2007

Actually you can do that with geoprocessing tools.
Dissolve->Alphanumeric dissolve->Group by functions.

You must select the numeric attributes you want to group by, and the group
by function (sum, avg, etc.)

The only precondition is that you have a numeric field with the area of the
polygons youre going to group by.
(future versions will have a geoprocess to add a area and perimter field to
polygon layers).

Best regards!

2007/3/13, Wolfgang Qual <wolfgang.qual at gmx.net>:

> Hi list&developers,
> another wish for gvSIG: it would be good, if gvSIG would enable me to
> calculate some extended field statistics. An example:
> I have a polygon theme with some categories (1-4). Now, I would like to
> sum up
> all ar eas for these categories - total area of all polygons with cat. 1,
> total area of all polygons with cat. 2, etc.
> For dbf-files, I think, this should be possible also in openoffice
> (actually,
> I do not know how, but I'll looking for a solution), but it would be nice
> be able to do the same for other file-types (postgresql, ....) - therefore
> built-in function for this purpose would be nice-to-have for gvSIG.
> What do you think?
>
> Best,
> Wolfgang

Alvaro Zabala Ordóñez