[Gvsig_english] Add extension preferences to gvSig Preferences's Window

jaume dominguez faus jaume.dominguez at iver.es
Fri Mar 30 12:10:51 CEST 2007

Sure, Simone.

A Preference page is added as you can see in the
com.iver.core.PreferencesExtension class (located in the project
libCorePlugin)

You don't need to change this file. Just replicate its behavior in your
extension class.

1) Write your preference's page class extending AbstractPreferencePage.
I suggest you to spend a little bit reading its javadoc. You can also
have a look to other PreferencePage already implemented.

2) add your preference page as an extension point as follows
this.extensionPoints.add("AplicationPreferences","the name you will
use", new YourPreferencePageClass());

3) now your class is loaded in the system an can be used. Thus, let's
add it to the preferences dialog
        DlgPreferences dlgPreferences=PluginServices.getDlgPreferences();
        dlgPreferences.refreshExtensionPoints();  // what a bad name,
huh? i'd prefer "refreshPageEntries();" or something like that

Ciao, and good luck
Salut!

En/na Simone Casciaroli ha escrit: