[Gvsig_english] Intenral data format?

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Tue Nov 20 18:46:13 CET 2007

Hi Tyler,

gvSIG is based upon an internal object model called Fmap, which is independent of any data source. For any data source a driver has been implemented which is responsible for translating geodata to and from the data source and the internal object model.

Although shapefile was the first data format supported and is widely used, it does not have a preferred data format.

Regards

Miguel Montesinos
Director Técnico
PRODEVELOP