[Gvsig_english] help - Which CRS - Import of AutoCad Maps from excavations

Sergio Clark sergio.clark at iver.es
Wed Apr 30 12:55:52 CEST 2008

Hallo,

If you don't need to georeference your geometries I think you can use
any plane CRS (in meters: UTM for example), and load your layer with the
same CRS. This way, you should see your layer correctly, and measure
distances, etc..

On the other hand, if you wish to "move" your geometries in order to see
them georeferenced, with real coordinates (maybe for loading over them
another layer with real coordinates) you should do a Translation (X and
Y) and Rotation. There's a Geoprocessing tool and a Editing tool for
doing this.

I hope this helps you.
Regards,

Sergio.