[Gvsig_english] help - Which CRS - Import of AutoCad Maps from excavations

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:58:39 CEST 2008

We receive CAD data frequently and -- at least in residential
development planning -- the data is ALWAYS without exception either in
State Plane (NAD 83) or a coordinate system specific to the project
based on a control point. I would think that implies that State Plane in
the U.S. is a standard, which makes me wonder if they do something
similar in Europe.

-Marcus