[Gvsig_english] Reprojection Roma40-Gauss Boaga to WGS84

Michele Beneventi mbeneventi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:33:58 CEST 2008

Hi list,
I have a problem concerning the geoprocess of "reprojection".
I've had to reproject a polygonal layer from the RS "Roma40 - Gauss Boaga"
(EPSG:3003) to the RS "WGS84" (EPSG:4326): for this I've used the geoprocess
of "reprojection" both with the transformation "Monte Mario to WGS84 (1)"
(EPSG: 1169) and with the transformation "Monte Mario to WGS84 (2)" (EPSG:
1662), which are peculiar for the region of Sardinia. Unfortunately the
results obtained have shown to be quite bad: actually the mean error is
around 90 m. Am I making a mistake with the settings of the geoprocess, or
some other mistake?

Thanks a lot, hope to read from you soon.

--
Michele Beneventi