[Gvsig_english] reference grid

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 11 17:56:20 CET 2008

Schönbuchner Ruth ha scritto:
> Dear list,
>
> I haven´t found the possibility to add a reference grid into the layout
> of gvSIG.
> By now it seems to be possibe to add a "usual" grid into the workload
> but without the possibility to add coordinate information (reference
> grid, measured grid, etc.)
> Does anyone know if this option is already available in the environment
> and I just haven´t found it or was it in general not implemented yet?
> Maybe in that case there´s further adaptation also possible with the
> help of any gvSIG- extension or Sextante?

Hi Ruth,
actually it's possible to add and manage a graticule only using Sextante
tool "Tools for vector layers/Create graticule", although it's not
possible to add informations about coords. Graticules can be made of
points, lines or polygons. A trick to add infos could be to use smart
labelling allowed by the extension PAL (Automated Placement of Labels)
[1], but I haven't tried yet... I hope it can help you!
Reference grid is another wish for an advanced use of maps.

Best regards,
Antonio

[1] https://gvsig.org/plugins/downloads/pal-automated-placement-of-labels