[Gvsig_english] How georeferencing geographic coordinates in gvSIG

Mumrik gvsig at webortage.de
Sat Feb 16 14:32:31 CET 2008

I am currently trying to georeference a map in gvSIG. Doing it in UTM
(as shown in the documentation and tutorials) worked fine, but using
geographic coordinates (for Germany) endet up in the map stretched and
tilted or even worse. I think it might just be a question of
formatting the numbers (with or without dots or so) when entering them
in the input box. I am using the EPSG-Code 4326.

Does it also make a difference in which order the 4 (or only 3??)
basing points are entered?

Could anyone help me with a working example of how to enter the
coordinates?

asks
Mumrik