[Gvsig_english] saving project storing relative path names to layer sources

ernesto sferlazza e.sferlazza at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:04:50 CET 2008

 Hi all
Since I've created several replicas of a geographic archive, having the same
directory tree schema, on different workstations or groups of workstations
operating on different Local Area Networks not connected among them, I think
it would be very useful to save projects with "store relative path names to
data sources" option instead of the defaul absolute path available in GVSIG.

In this way I could distribute easily updated versions of a project to all
users, without the need of customization of *gvp file (changing, for
example, the path from "C:\SIT_provinciaAG\TRASPORTI\STRADE" to "
F:\archivioSIT\TRASPORTI\STRADE") using a text editor.
I have tried, also, to change with a text editor the full path to relative
path subtituting "..\" instead of the archive root path (in the example "..\"
instead of "C:\SIT_provinciaAG\", but it didn't work as I believed.

Best regards

ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile Unità Organizzativa Sistema Informativo Territoriale
della Provincia regionale di Agrigento
piazza Aldo Moro, 1 - 92100 AGRIGENTO
tel 0922 401935