[Gvsig_english] saving project storing relative path names to layer sources

Sergio Clark sergio.clark at iver.es
Wed Jan 2 12:32:14 CET 2008

Hello Ernesto,

Yes, that is a good idea. We've been discussing about it recently, and
we're looking for the best solution. Maybe introduce a checkbox with the
option Absolute or Relative Path when creating a project, in order to
solve this problem of portability on different workstations.

For the moment (it's not the same but also helps the users ;-)) it has
been implemented the option for choosing a new path when gvSIG doesn't
find the original path of a layer, because layer has been moved or we're
working in a different workstation. With this, users could see, layer by
layer, which have not been found and introduce the correct new path.
This new option is implemented for gvSIG future version 1.2.

Regards! And thanks for your suggestion.

Sergio.

--

Sergio Clark
Equipo gvSIG