[Gvsig_english] saving project storing relative path names to layer sources

pvmstg pvmstg at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:35:27 CET 2008

Hi,

Exactly, in arcmap, the checkbox is use to select or past betwen
relative and absolute path...  One very good feature to have also is,
like in arcmap, a symbol to show when a link can't be found for
leaving the user point that specific file to the right path instead
of asking at the opening for the path of a file it can't found.

The best feature to implement could be, like in Xtools for arcmaps,
the links in tree view.  With that, it's verry simple to manage files
when you have to change the path.  You could change individual file
path but also a group of files or all the projects paths.  See the
attach picture.  You could collapse or expand the tree view like in
all tree presentation for easy managing...

Thank's for all the works done in a short timeline...

Hoping to be able to use gv_sig for project in 2008 (lacking
symbology and others maps related feature for now).

By the way, I haven't explore this because I just start whith it in
late december in arcmap.   I know gv_sig use shapefile... but could
it use esri file geodatabase... we are curently moving all personnal
geodatabase to file geodatabase.  The support for file geodatabase if
not include for now do you have plan to included it shortly...

Marcel